Sunday, February 14, 2021

The Village Idiot

     The Village Idiot

     Stupid Stuff I Can't Explain
                            (Under Construction) 


The Dog in the picture is not an Idiot.  He is looking at a human who is an idiot. Even a dog can't help but stare at people doing stupid things.  Before we go on let me introduce myself. I am David, and I am the official Village Idiot of the small village where I live. 

I am the Idiot in this picture. The other guy is a cardboard dummy.   

  The small village where I live is so small we used to take turns being T.V.I. (the village Idiot)  But the village council decided to make it an elected position. That was four years ago and I have been elected T.V.I. every year since. 

      What qualifies me to be T.V.I.? My inability to understand what other people just accept as normal.  There are times I have to stop and scratch my head over something that seems illogical to me. If the general population accepts something as normal and I think it is illogical that must mean I am the odd one. When most people don't question something I find peculiar it must be that they are normal and I am not.  

       When everyone knew the sun rotated around the earth the guys who didn't agree were worse than idiots. They were going against the teachings of the church.   

     Back when everyone knew the earth was flat, only idiots thought it was a round ball shape. 

        The same thing happens today when people accept illogical ideas because the majority of people do.  The people who do not accept the absurdities of the world are seen as idiots. Sort of a catch 22 situation. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

                        Paperwork Reduction Act            The United States Congress passed a "Paperwork Reduction Act" which req...